Wednesday, June 21, 2017

sail repair

Today is rainy/drizzly and colder but the wind is finally from astern as are the swells. Currently running almost DDW under full main and 1st reef genny in 20knots of true wind (about 12 apparent) making 10 knots average plus some significant surfing on 2+ meter swells. BTW, it's an awesome sound when you surf over a wave that breaks underneath the boat; you can hear the rush of bubbles and foam as it rushes through the tunnel between the hulls.
I got up this morning with the intent to repair the gennaker In case I can't find a sail loft in Horta that can fix it in a hurry. If I had my Sailrite machine here and the right materials I'd say I could fix it in less than an hour. Unfortunately all I have are manual methods so the results won't be pretty but hopefully will get me by until I can get it repaired properly.
286 miles to Horta.

No comments:

Post a Comment