Tuesday, June 27, 2017

music appreciation 102

I can say without a doubt that I've listened to more music in the span of the last three weeks than at any other time in my life. By a long shot. My "go to" music is blues, rock/blues, and reggae but in the 55GB of music I have with me there's quite a bit of diversity.
I happened to notice a "style" of music that I hadn't really been cognizant of before. Basically it consists of a single female voice with minimal accompaniment and minimal processing or amplification - just raw - with some phrases partially spoken not sung.
These few songs are in that style:
Like a Fool- Keira Knightly
Your Song- Ellie Goulding
Eet- Regina Spektor
...and maybe
Imagine - Avril Lavigne
This style would probably get old for me pretty quickly if I listened to much of it back-to-back, but it's quite refreshing occasionally interspersed. I assume there's a lot of this type of music "out there" but these are the only examples I possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment