Monday, January 23, 2017

Satellite phone antenna

I've been struggling a bit with communications since I got the boat. To send or receive an email I sometimes have had to attempt it 5 to 10 times before success. My weather downloads have also taken quite a long while as It retries over and over again and my voice calls to Sallie have been atrocious and constantly disconnecting, even on a short few minute call. Very frustrating. I've always questioned the placement of the antenna below the deck so I performed a test by temporarily removing it from its mount and tying it on near the solar panels. It performed much better. I spent a few hours yesterday morning moving the sat phone antenna from under the deck forward of the salon to off the stern rail by the starboard helm station. The results ain't pretty but it's much more functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment