Monday, January 23, 2017

alternator charging problem

I've had very little help from shore support to assist with my charging problems (I believe they are still trying to sort out electrical diagrams that may be somewhat incomplete) and I'm getting close to the point that I would have to start siphoning and manually moving fuel. Not a big deal but I'm not looking forward to it.
So I ran my own test today by switching a switch into an alternate position that supposedly was in the correct position and only should be switched in an emergency situation such as if an engine starter battery fails.
Voila! It works!!
So the wiring is incorrect but it's functional and I can use the port engine to charge now; no siphoning fuel.
What a load off my mind.

And a test picture; I'm bumping up the size and quality now that the sat phone connection is better.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant, that's a load off your mind then!

    Pictures are much better, larger and clearer :)

    ReplyDelete