Thursday, January 26, 2017

Next week

So hopefully thinking forward to post-landfall doesn't jinx us in some way but I was talking to Sal a bit ago and she mentioned that Jean was surprised I wouldn't be on a plane and home the day after I arrive in Barbados. Unfortunately I'm just a bit too cheap (frugal?) to buy an international ticket on short notice so I had made my best guess as to an arrival date and padded it by a few days when I bought my return ticket a few months ago. I also have some boat maintenance to do. I need to change the oil and filters in both the engines; resolve the wind indicator problem; and install the steaming light which I didn't get around to before we left as I was so intent on resolving the alternator problem.
The boat also needs a really thorough cleaning both inside and out.
My other big task is to find a berth for the boat where it will be safe and secure until I return. Supposedly there is an inner harbor called the Careenage that I can get into but it requires going under a bridge that only opens once a day at 11 or noon. The width of the bridge opening is supposedly just 8 meters wide while the beam on this boat is 7.3 meters; oh joy!
But most important of all, I need to kiss the ground and find some ice cream! :-)

1 comment:

  1. 7.3m through an 8m gap? Not a problem if that 7.3m included the fenders, but without them on BOTH sides? "Breathe in, everybody!"

    ReplyDelete