Thursday, January 19, 2017

Guess what we had for dinner :-)

We had a very nice fish & pasta dinner tonight. Antoine also made bread for tomorrow - whole wheat. I gave him extra style points for the oatmeal on top. Quite impressive on a boat. I know this because I attempted to do the same yesterday and it was just shy of a total failure. In my attempt after making the dough and going through two cycles of raising, I carefully put it on a dusted breadboard, brushed some milk on top and added the oatmeal (style points) per Antoine's guidance. I then put it above the oven to raise while I finished the banana bread (also not a pretty sight). A half hour and many wave crashes later, I checked on it. It was about an inch tall - resembled a pie more than a loaf of bread. Too warm and too much motion. Ended up punching it back down and trying again on the final stage. The end result was edible but definitely not pretty.
Tomorrow we anticipate reaching the rhumb line halfway point between Tenerife & Barbados. I believe we will also cross the mid-Atlantic ridge. So far we still have the same number of crew on board as when we left :-) and everyone seems to be getting along quite well. No small feat as a boat can be a very small place for five people.
space for five people for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment