Friday, July 7, 2017

German security

I had to go through airport security again in Frankfurt. These Germans don't mess around. My crazy backpack that looks like a black blob under the x-ray wasn't going to get through like in France. They pulled everything out one by one for examination. In the meantime they called over two policemen with rifles and bulletproof vests to oversee the operation and to quiz me on specifics of some of the items. They also ran a swab test and told me I had some type of chemical residue that caused concern. In the end I passed muster and they gave me my 4 trays of stuff for me to repackage.
I'm now planning my next adventure. I'm thinking about doing the opposite trip of what I just finished: high latitude (arctic) instead of tropical, high speed (near the speed of sound) instead of 8 knots, and with several hundred people instead of just a few (or one). Here's my planned route:

No comments:

Post a Comment