Tuesday, July 4, 2017

D day -2

Today was a bit of a Celebration Day (sorry for the trademark infringement Led Zepp) as the tough sailing is now solidly behind me assuming the weather person can do a two day forecast with some precision. I sent a summary email to Pascal, the boat owner, of myriad of damages I've inflicted on his boat over the last year as well the general wear and tear issues that need to be addressed. He now has a crunch to get the boat ready for the next charter which departs August 1st. I'm returning the boat one week early which hopefully gives him a little extra time to make it better than ever for the next customer. Overall, I'm relatively impressed with myself that all the issues are pretty minor; but of course my ego took a serious hit with each problem. After several years of studying (and a fair amount of life experience on the water) my expectations were perfection which is probably a bit unrealistic. But after 10,000 miles I'd say I'd give myself a passing grade for a first-time
bluewater captain. I started seriously packing today; tomorrow will be dedicated to cleaning. I should arrive in Canet-en-Roussillon on the 6th. Then a scramble to get to the airport in Toulouse. After that it's in the hands of the pilots to cross back over the ocean in a half-day that it took me a month to cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment