Wednesday, May 31, 2017

starting the return crossing

Geoff, Doug & I departed yesterday evening at 7:30 for Bermuda. Gary, Bonnie and Sallie saw us off from Nipper's beach. Sal & I had a bit of a tearful goodbye as we won't see each other again until my return on July 19th. Once I put this wild hare to rest it will be a relief to not have anymore goodbyes on the near horizon.
We had a really nice time hanging out with our friends at the New Heights house on Great Guana Cay including a beach bonfire on the last night. What an awesome place!
The weather forecast shows moderate to light winds all the way to Bermuda which was a bit of a surprise to me. Hopefully the forecast stays consistent and we don't have a storm creep up on us. Fingers crossed.
It's now 7:45am and we are making 7.8 knots on a heading of 55M.

No comments:

Post a Comment