Friday, December 30, 2016

The route/Goodbye FHLB


The next leg begins on January 10th and will be starting from Santa Cruz, Tenerife and (hopefully) ending in Barbados, roughly 2800 nautical miles to the west. I'm hoping to make the crossing in about 20 days.
This is the general route we will take to the Caribbean
The transatlantic route distance calculator


Today is going to be my last day at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas after 20 years there. Thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday for my send-off party. I really appreciated seeing so many of the people I've worked alongside for so long take the time out of their busy end-of-year-crunch schedules to wish me well... or maybe they were just there for the cake :-)
Either way, I wish all the best to all of you; you are an awesome team and the Bank has a very bright future because of each and every one of you. Thanks for all the great memories!



2 comments:

  1. Yup, today was the final day. Pretty tough to say goodbye to everyone and hard to walk out the door; but at the same time looking forward to new challenges.

    ReplyDelete